This policy applies to all IELTS tests in Peru: IELTS General Training, IELTS Academic, IELTS UKVI and Life Skills
IELTS Peru: Cancellation and Refund Policy
A. Cancellation of your IELTS test
You can cancel your IELTS test registration at any time before you take the test by notifying your IELTS test center. Refund conditions depend on when the cancellation occurs and whether any exceptional circumstances apply.
A.1 Deadlines for cancellation of your examination
More than 14 days before the exam:
If you cancel your IELTS test registration more than 14 days before your test date (excluding test day), you will receive a 75% refund of the total test fee.
- Between 14 and more than three days before the date of the first section of your IELTS test:
If you cancel your IELTS test registration within 14 days and more than three days before the date of the first section of your test (excluding the day of the first section of the test), you will receive a 50% refund of the total test fee.
- Three days before the first section of your IELTS test:
If you cancel your IELTS test registration three days or less before the first section of your test, no refund will be possible.
- On or after the day of the examination:
If you cancel your IELTS test registration on the same day or after your test date, no refund will be possible.
A.2 Exceptional Circumstances of the Applicant
You can justify exceptional circumstances to your IELTS test center before the test and up to three working days after the test date if you do not take the test. The IELTS test center where you registered will respond to you within seven working days of receiving your written request. The test center will consider the exceptional circumstances of your case.
You must submit your case of exceptional circumstances with the corresponding justification to the test center no later than three working days after your scheduled IELTS test date.
If the IELTS test center approves your case, you will receive a refund for the full amount paid minus the administration fee which is 25% of the total amount.
If your case is not approved, the conditions of section A.1 will apply.
We consider the following to be exceptional circumstances:
• Serious illness that prevents you from attending or taking your IELTS test normally on the scheduled test date. Such illness must be supported by a medical certificate from a qualified medical professional.
• Death certificate of bereavement, trauma or other form of major adversity.
• Compulsory military service.
A.3 Exceptional Circumstances of the IELTS test center
In certain circumstances beyond the test center's control, we may be forced to cancel your exam. Such circumstances include - but are not limited to - extreme weather conditions, natural disasters, civil unrest, strikes, global pandemics or other force majeure.
In such circumstances, your test center will provide you with as much information as possible and give you the choice between a full refund or a rescheduling of your IELTS test date to a future date that is convenient for you.
In the event that the IELTS test center cancels your test under circumstances within its control, you will be entitled to a full refund or a rescheduling of your test. In addition, you may request financial compensation for expenses incurred. In this regard, the test center will evaluate and determine whether or not your request is reasonable and, accordingly, you will be awarded compensation based on the following circumstances:
- The test center will evaluate and determine whether the decision to cancel your exam was due to a situation within or beyond its control.
- Any compensation shall be limited exclusively to your travel and lodging expenses provided that:
- are directly related to planning your attendance on the day of the exam;
- present proof of your expenses by means of payment vouchers;
- you provide a justification that proves that the costs of cancellation of your trip and/or accommodation cannot be reimbursed by the supplier;
- the reference values are at the level of the lowest reasonable fees for the expenses in question (this will be at the expense of the test center where you enrolled).
- If you travel farther than the test center closest to your usual place of residence, your request will not be considered reasonable.
B. How do I request a change of date for my IELTS test in Peru?
- More than 14 days before the exam:
You can change your IELTS test date at any time more than 14 days before your test date.
You must select a new test date - if available - within three months of your original test date. If you wish to reschedule your test date to a date later than three months after your initial test date, we will consider your rescheduling as a cancellation.
You may request to reschedule your IELTS test only once.
The IELTS test center may charge you an administration fee of up to 25% of the total test price.
- Within 14 days before your exam date:
Any request for a date change made within 14 days prior to the exam date will be considered a cancellation. Please refer to section A. Cancellation of your IELTS test for the conditions that will apply in this case.
- Your test center is in charge of issuing refunds and making date changes.
- In accordance with section A.2 of this page, the testing center will be in charge of making decisions related to requests for reimbursement for exceptional circumstances submitted by candidates.
- In accordance with section A.3 of this page, the examination center will be in charge of making decisions related to the compensation of candidates; this also contemplates the eligibility of the candidate to access this compensation and the amount of the reimbursement.
- If the consumer protection legislation in Peru is more favorable to the candidate regarding cancellation rights and date changes than the terms and conditions stated here, then the legislation of the country will apply.
If you need to cancel or reschedule your IELTS English test, please contact the IELTS test center where you registered as soon as possible