The event is aimed at Early Career Researchers (ECR) currently based in UK or Peru, and it’s intended to provide a space of dialog, training and debate about the use of novel digital design and manufacturing techniques being used across several healthcare areas from diagnose to surgical planning and personalized medical devices. We are opening a call for "Early expressions of interest" for potential ECRs based in UK Higher Education Institutions, Research Centres, or NHS trusts. This call will be opened through from January 2019 to 28th February 2019. Once registered, and eligibility established, you will receive a formal application form following the standard Newton-Fund researcher’s link template.
Candidates profile and areas of expertise:
We are interested in ECR candidates with background and expertise in any of the following fields:
- Digital Manufacturing/ 3D printing for healthcare applications
- In-clinic Bio-CAD BioPrinting /plotting of biomaterials
- 3D design of implant guides and surgical aids.
- Reconstructive & Maxillofacial digital design & planning
- Digital Design and printing applied to dentistry (restorative, corrective, cosmetic)
- Medical device Design
- Medical training kits design
- Redistributed manufacturing and point-of-care provision
The selected ECRs will be expected to deliver a talk related to their core field of expertise and attend the other planned sessions by UK and Peru delegates. We will prioritize those candidates that express an interest in delivering a hands-on mini-workshop for the purpose of training/informing Peruvian delegates.
For more information: https://goo.gl/SEgzYM