The Higher Education Partnerships programme provides small-scale seed funding for high quality collaborations between Peru and UK Higher Education institutions (including universities, networks of universities, and research groups). Its main purpose is to design potential institutional collaboration that can be sustainable in time. It is designed to be flexible and responsive to the Peruvian sector needs, allowing applicants to establish collaborations on specific areas linked to the development of internationalisation strategies and capacity building to support it.
Open call: Higher Education Partnerships
Who can apply?
In Peru: A non-profit university or a local network of universities or research groups/centres.
In the United Kingdom: A non-profit institution with a track record as an international development agent (universities, research centres, public offices and NGOs).
What are the priority areas for this call?
Development of internationalisation strategies within Peruvian universities and the establishment of implementation plans with UK universities
What can this grant cover?
With up to £10,000, Higher Education Partnerships grants can cover:
· International travel (economy class) and international subsistence costs in line with British Council policies and the criteria detailed in Appendix 1 of the Guidelines HE Partnership document attached at the bottom of this page.
· Visa fees, medical insurance for travel essential to the collaboration.
· Written translations and interpretation services.
· Other workshop/local travel related expenses
What is the expected outcome of this call?
· Implementation of a workshop in Peru with the aim of developing a proposal that will help Higher Education institutions to design policies, procedures, or schemes for collaboration on internationalisation and mutual exchange.
· Delivery of an innovative, sustainable and scalable final proposal designed to be implemented at a local/regional/national level to enable engagement in a project that shall plan sustained implementation in time.
When should I implement my activities?
Successful candidates should implement their activities between 15 August 2019 and 31 January 2020, including evaluation and reporting.
Where do I find the guidelines and criteria for this call?
Guidelines and criteria are found as downloadable documents at the bottom of this page.
How can I apply?
1. British and Peruvian participants must submit their joint proposal via the application form in English (found as a downloadable document at the bottom of this page).
2. The application form must be signed by the Peruvian institution and its UK counterpart.
3. The application form and supporting documents should be attached and sent to HEPartnerships@britishcouncil.org
4. Deadline to submit your application form (attached at the bottom of this section) along with supporting documents: 31 July 2019 at 13:00 hours (Peru time).
5. Successful candidates will be notified on 14 August 2019.